Monday, December 7, 2009

IT'S A CRAZY CHRISTMAS WORLD

Well....I bet you thought the opening of Dollar General has kept me that busy....huh? Well, I actually did go there once, but it has just been a crazy time over the past week. Interviews with several people, and High School basketball has kept me pretty busy. Then, throw in Christmas time, and it makes for one of the busiest three-week stretches of the year. Then again, it is for everybody. It's funny, I actually do try to keep to a schedule, but it can be intimidating to do so. I was looking at what December holds in store for the rest of the month, and it's crazy.

In any case, schedule volume and checking account lack of volume aside, this still qualifies as my favorite time of the year. From the start of High School Basketball season through the end of December, I love just about everything concerning the Christmas season. This morning, for example, I had to walk down to the town square early for something. It was cold (34*), gloomy and overcast, and I loved it. I've always joked that one can put more clothes on, but in good taste....there is only so much you can take off! I know that I am in the minority about cold weather, but I do like it~!

Then, of course, there's Christmas Cards. Growing up, we would always tape the Christmas Cards up over doorways, on walls...wherever we had to. That's something that I still do to this day. Each day when the mail runs, I am always interested to see if any cards are in the mailbox. OK....Maybe I'm a little more interested to see if there's a check in the mail, but I do love getting as many cards as I can....(Then again, cards with checks in them.....The best of both worlds!) I will say that something we started doing since I have married is putting the cards that we receive in a ziplock bag each year. I never thought about doing that before, but it's amazing how just a year later things change, and relationships do too....It's great to have that rememberance of the moment.

Christmas Music......Where do I begin?......Anyone who knows me knows that's obvious. I absolutely love it....from Bing Crosby to Sugarland and all around the bend....It doesn't get any better than ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS, the 1984 classic album from Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton....imho.....

Christmas Food......I don't know if anything qualifies as "Christmas Food." After all, you can eat summer sausage and creme drops any time of the year. But, I have to admit they taste a little better in front of the TV as the Cowboys are beating the Redskins.....Oh, wait a minute, the Cowboys don't beat anybody in December......but you get the idea. I don't need any of it per se, but it does taste good.....and that leads to me a question. I know they have creme drops, but I seem to remember eating fudge drops one year that I got from the store....but I never see them....Just wondering....

All in all, it's still the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! I hope you're having a good one.....and get those Christmas cards in the mail!....You never know who might be waiting at the mailbox!