Monday, February 15, 2010

36......REALLY?

Back in the 1980s, there was a song by Don Williams called "Maggie's Dream." The lyrics describe the life of a woman who was "closer now to 50 than to 40." I can't identify with that line yet, but I can say that this week, I have some of those thoughts.

This week, I will hit 36 on the age scale. It's something that I have a little trouble believing. That means I am closer to the age of 40 than I am to 30. I realize that I may not get much sympathy from a lot of people, as I have been told that I'm still young by a lot of people over the past year....but 36...wow....that's something.

Don't worry. I'm not going to go into an early mid-life crisis or anything like that, but I guess I always thought that I would have it all figured out by the time 40 came into view. The truth is....lol....I think you know the truth!

I totally understand now about how age is just a number. Even though I don't feel 21 anymore, you still view time as standing still...when it waits for nobody......

I don't feel a great sense of time passing by, even though the past year has been one of transition, and many times I have wondered where it ends up. I think I have done some of my best work over the past twelve months, and hope that lands me somewhere.....but more about that later.

Anyway, it's kind of neat to say that I am (or will be--depending on when you are reading this) 36......Time does pass by......