Friday, September 25, 2009

A SHAMELESS PLUG....

This week's blog is one of tacky self-promotion. For the past six months, I have been doing a lot of work with Kix 96 in Centerville, TN, and to quote another person who used to spend quite a bit of time in the county of Hickman....I'm just so proud to be there! Everyone here has made me feel very welcome, and I have started to develop some great relationships with a few of the listeners, as well.

My weekly show, Crazy Chucky's Classic Country Corner, has been doing well. I'm thankful to have one of my good friends, Ron Hunt, and everyone at A-Plus Too Used Cars as a sponsor, and the response from my friends in the music business has been great. We've only had one or two weeks since we went on the air when we haven't had a guest, and I am humbled and proud to say that we are just about booked for the remainder of 2009.

This week's show is really special, and I wanted to share it with you. Patty Loveless will be joining me to talk about her new album MOUNTAIN SOUL 2. It's a sequel, of sorts, to an album that she recorded for Epic back in 2001. While I do consider myself a professional, I don't think I would ever have wanted to have any involvement in the music business (in radio or as a writer) if I wasn't a fan, and the past few weeks have been really cool....Larry Gatlin, Ronnie Milsap, Patty Loveless, and in the next few weeks....Gene Watson, Lorrie Morgan, Diamond Rio, and Bill Anderson. I am truly blessed to be able to do what I do, and have a wife that supports me in doing it.

Now...about this album,,,,,If you love Bluegrass Music...and if you love Patty Loveless (not loving either should be illegal!), you will absolutely love this album. I can't wait for you to hear it....so...on Thursday, October 1....from 1-3 pm, tune into WNKX / 96.7 FM for the show....and enjoy the music....

Thanks for reading this week....It's a little shorter than usual, which could be a good thing for the readers....but between a one-day bug, Covering high scholl volleyball, soccer, and football, and life itself....It's a crazy week!