Thursday, November 4, 2010

ONE LAST LIST

For the past few weeks, I have listed some of my favorite songs of all time. First, I touched on my forte, Country Music. Then, last week, I gave you my thoughts on some of my favorite pop / rock moments. To close out this series, I thought I would give you some of my favorite inspirational songs of all time. I hesitate to call them Gospel, because not all of them are, but I believe some of these just might be your favorites, as well. Here they are from A to Z.....

"A Thing Called Love," Elvis Presley
"Believe," Brooks & Dunn
"Clinging To A Saving Hand," Conway Twitty
"Drifting Too Far From The Shore," Emmylou Harris
"Eternal Vacation," Buck Owens
"Feeling Mighty Fine," The Statler Brothers
"Gone Home," Ricky Skaggs
"Hey God," Vince Gill
"I Believe In Music," Mac Davis
"Jesus, Hold My Hand," Vern Gosdin
IN PLACE OF K---"Freedom For The Stallion," The Oak Ridge Boys
"Long Black Train," Josh Turner
"Medals For Mothers," The Osborne Brothers
"Not So Far Away," Misty Freeman
"Old Time Religion," Buck Owens
"Peace In The Valley," Red Foley
IN PLACE OF Q---"I, John," Elvis Presley
"Rhythm Guitar," The Oak Ridge Boys
"Satisfied," Martha Carson
"Traveller's Prayer," George Jones
IN PLACE OF U---"Rize Up, Lazarus," Patty Loveless
"Saviour, Save Me From Myself," Ricky Skaggs
"Wayfaring Stranger," Jerry Reed
IN PLACE OF X---"The Wonders You Perform," Tammy Wynette
"You Don't Have To Move That Mountain," Patty Loveless
IN PLACE OF Z---"Where No One Stands Alone," Don Gibson

Next week, we'll switch gears, and I'll give you my CMA Picks......