Friday, October 29, 2010

ANOTHER HARD LIST, VOLUME 2

Last week, I gave you a list of my favorite Country songs of all time. I had fun doing that, and thought that I would share my list of favorite pop songs this week. I was surprised when I came up with a list that stretched four pages....so what I thought I would do is simply give you from an A-Z list.....Here goes....

A---"All Shook Up," Elvis Presley
B---"Baby, Baby," Amy Grant
C---"Crazy For You," Madonna
D---"Don't Wanna Lose You," Gloria Estefan
E---"Emotion," Destiny's Child
F---"Father Figure," George Michael
G---"The Game Of Love," Michelle Branch & Santana
H---"Hazard," Richard Marx
I---"If You Asked Me To," Celine Dion
J---"Joyride," Roxette
K---"Kiss," Tom Jones
L---"Lyin' Eyes," The Eagles
M---"Man In The Mirror," Michael Jackson
N---"November Rain," Guns N Roses
O---"Operator," Jim Croce
P---"Please, Mr. Please," Olivia Newton-John
Q----No Q, so I substitute "Heart Of Stone" by Cher
R---"Rainy Days & Mondays," The Carpenters
S---"Show And Tell," Al Wilson
T---"Take A Bow," Madonna
U----No U, so I substitute "Together Again" by Ray Charles
V---"Ventura Highway," America
W---"Walk This Way," Aerosmith
X----No X, so I substitute "Save The Best For Last" by Vanessa Williams
Y----"You Light Up My Life," Debby Boone
Z----No Z...soI substitute "You're The One That I Want" by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John

And finally....because I know you care.....

Best Pop Album of all-time: I didn't put any songs from Janet Jackson's RHYTHM NATION 1814 disc, because all of them would make it. Simply put, it's one of the best and most fun albums I have ever heard.

Song that will always get me: "Maybe," by Thom Pace. You might not know the title, but this John Denver-esque song was the theme song from the old show "Grizzly Adams," which I remember watching with my parents years ago, The lyrics of this song are so touching and beautiful. Not that I want it to happen anytime soon, but it's one that I want played when I pass on....Look it up on iTunes. You'll be glad you did!