Thursday, February 10, 2011

A CONFESSION

Before I start this blog, I have to admit to you three things. One, I am 36 (for one more week) years old. Two, I am a father of two soon-to-be (even though they would disagree) teen-agers. And third, I think that every series that is broadcast on the Disney Channel is the same (The Wizards of Waverly Place Go To Hannah Montana’s to find Zack and Cody Playing With iCarly)……..even though they are really no different than Saved By The Bell from my generation…….With all of that said, I have a major confession……I’m Chuck Dauphin, and I am a…….Glee-a-holic!

OK….That felt good to get it out. I know the FOX-TV series has a huge appeal to teens and pre-teens, but over the past month or so, I have become a huge fan of the show. While I know it is a major network version of High School Musical, aside from The Mentalist or House, M.D., there are few series that I watch any more as of late.

Now, I will say that I may not get into every scene, but the show is very well-written, and the young actors and actresses on the show are the real deal. It’s always entertaining to see what songs they are going to pull out of their hats. I loved the Madonna episode, and the recent guest spot from Gwyneth Paltrow was incredible…..but the show is worth watching from week to week for one reason-----well, make that two……I will say that I think Lea Michele is going to be a breakout star in music and TV / movies in the future. She’s got that magic potion known as “it,” a combination of talent, looks, and charisma. But, she is upstaged by one of the best TV characters I have seen in a while----Sue Sylvester, who is played to perfection by Jane Lynch. Is she evil, or just borderline psycho? I don’t know, but she seems like she is having the time of her life. Actors have always said that it’s much more fun to play a character that is off-kilter a little bit, and if that’s true….there’s nobody any more off-kilter than Sue Sylvester!

The hot rumor is that a Country episode might soon be in the works. I have to admit that more than likely, I’ll be right there watching. Well, this wraps it up for me until the weekend…….I’m going to go listen to The Best Of Debbie Gibson right now…..Twenty-two years since she sang “Lost In Your Eyes” about me…..seriously?