Sunday, December 1, 2013

Just A Request.....

..Over the past four years that I have written this blog, I have probably been guilty at times of writing a little too much. From losing a job to going through a divorce, I do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. This is one of those nights. 

Whenever I have gotten down – about whatever, I have always been able to hit the road and try to outrun whatever it was that was bothering me. That might mean a trip to Denny’s to work and people watch, a trip to the record store,or just a run to Dollar General (Hey, I live in Centerville. The options aren’t plentiful past 8pm), 

But, for the month of December, it’s going to be a little bit different. Tomorrow, barring something unforseen, I will be going into a couple of walking casts. That’s due to a couple of spots I have on my feet that just won’t heal. We’ve tried a lot of things over the past few months, and this is something that was advised to me a couple of months ago. So, as I said – barring something I’m not expecting – I will be in walking casts for the month of December. I will still be able to get around, just no driving.

 Those last three words are the ones I have a problem with. There’s a part of me that wants to chicken out tomorrow, but there are many of you that would kick my backside if I did that, and with a busy 2014 around the corner, I want to get it taken care of so I can get around as good as I can. It’s for the best, but I am a little scared, to be honest.

 Scared of what? If the walls of this house get a little lonely - or the ghosts talk a little loud – I could always just say ‘To heck with it. I’ll go to Walmart.’ Having to plan things out a bit is going to be rough. Though, I will say, many have offered to get me where I need to get to. And, there are actually a couple of trips on the calendar for the month, so it’s going to be alright. I hate that I am probably going to miss some Christmas celebrations / parties, but the trade is worth it. It’s got to get better. I love my life and my job too much to do them at 45%.

 I do want to ask that you keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks. Hopefully by 2014, things will be back to normal. I can imagine that there will be a few more blog posts this month, so please indulge me. But, as someone who fights depression, this is going to be a little bit tough of a month. However, this is my chance to handle things in a different way than before, and maybe being still – or a little more still – for a few weeks will be a good thing. We will see. God is good, and he has plans for me that I have no idea about, so it’s time to trust. So, if you want to invite me out at night to ride around and look at Christmas lights, I might take you up on it....and some Nuts and Bolts....AKA Chex mix.....wouldn’t be sneezed at, either! In all seriousness, thanks for your support!