Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Very Thankful Blog Post

Over the past few months, I have really loved doing this blog. Sometimes, it gives me something to write about other than music. Other times, it gives me a chance to express my thoughts about people who have touched my life in some way over the course of time...whether directly, or indirectly...like when Dan Miller, Michael Jackson, or Steve McNair passed away, like last week's blog.

This is one of those weeks where for some reason or another, I am having writers' block. There are things I want to say or write about...but for whatever reason....I have scrapped three or four ideas before beginning this post. What I thought I would do is offer a few thoughts on things I am very thankful for. Who knows, maybe I can recycle this for November!

A beautiful and loving wife / Shannon, in the past three years, I have learned so much from you. You believe in me a lot more than I believe in myself, and I am so thankful to have you for a partner. We don't always agree....or see eye to eye....but I don't have to guess if you're in my corner or not..I hope I return the favor to you in being supportive of you and your career, which has kept Chex Cereal in the cupboard this year!..I love you very much!

A great family / From my children, my father and Marcia, and my brother and all my many close friends....I am truly blessed and humbled to have as many people who care about me as they seem to do. I don't take it for granted!

A career I love / Notice....I didn't say "full-time job." After seeing the radio station I have worked for since 1991 close earlier this year....it has been a difficult year at times. However, whether it has been a new radio show, an interview with some of today's top artists, or covering a high school sports event for the DICKSON HERALD....I have never stopped working since March, and I am truly thankful for that.....Hopefully, the work list will grow....or maybe that "full-time" job will come along...sooner than later! But I am staying busy....And, thankfully...there's still moments...whether it's interviewing TG Sheppard or Rhonda Vincent, like I have done the past few weeks...or Ronnie Milsap---which I will hopefully get to do in a couple...where I am getting to do what I love to do!

My God and Savior----Oh, he's about to get heavy...I bet that's what you're thinking.....Well, maybe I am. Over the past few years, I think I have learned the difference between being religious....and being spiritual.....I will be the first to tell you that I did something today that was wrong, and I will do something tomorrow equally as bad....and that's not to mention what I will do on August 28.....but thanks to Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made.....I'm ok. He's always been there for me.....and as the old song says...He doesn't always give me what I want.....but I always get what I need....I just need to be a better example!

Well, that's going to do it for this week....I've got seven days to figure out what I am going to write about next week...so let's start thinking.....