Monday, June 27, 2011

WHAT A WEEK!

As many people know about me, I am huge Classic TV junkie. I grew up with it after all, and that provided me with a true form of escapism. One of the cool things about television back then was the great theme songs. And, you know…there was a lot more truth in some of those lyrics than you might think….Take for instance….

You take the good, you take the bad

You take it all, and then you have

The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life

So, this week was one of those weeks. I lost a dear friend of mine the same week that I scored one of the biggest interviews of my career---with someone who told me they were familiar with my work. I’m not going to drop names. Let’s just say…..considering the main source of work this person does….that was a huge compliment.

There's a time you got to go and show
You're growin' now you know about
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

This past week was also a huge one because I let go of a stone that had been pulling me down for a while. For me to be the best Chuck Dauphin---husband, father, and whatever else I am---sometimes you have to leave the baggage at the door. And, I finally did that. Life takes us on some twists and turns at times. The road never is smooth and straight for a long period of time. How you handle it says a lot. Maybe, at age 37, I’m starting to figure out some things. Maybe not, since life is all about change….but I’m trying. As I said, hearing lyrics like these while watching TV this week spoke deep….

When the world never seems

To be livin up to your dreams

Suddenly, you realize the Facts of Life are all about you.

It takes a while to get them right.

When you’re learning the Facts Of Life.

And, yes….for the record, I seem to remember having a crush on Blair, but then again….who didn’t?

(Editor’s Note: The morning after writing this, one of those lemons zonked me on the head again! Rightfully or wrongfully, there was a pretty good pity party over the weekend about it…….I guess that goes to show you, God, that I’m still learning!)