Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On The Other Side Of The Hill: A Bucket List, Volume 1

As I write this, I sit in the boarding area at Houston, Texas. I was very blessed to have gotten a chance to do some work in Oklahoma over the weekend. With this trip, I now have went over the halfway mark in states that I have visited. Seeing the beautiful ranches and prairies here has made me realize again how much I love to travel. I haven’t gotten a chance to do much of that lately, but would love that to change. With that in mind, I am 26 states down, 24 to go……Here is my bucket list of states I would love to visit before I go to that big airport in the sky…..

Hawaii----For obvious reasons. Don’t know if the finances will ever be there for a trip like this one, because I hear that it is expensive. But, I love the ocean, and where better to experience it!

Minnesota-----You’re probably thinking that by first two choices are a contrast. They are, but I like it where it’s cold. Plus they have the Mall Of America, where I would love to go to once, and Brett Favre played there….What else is there to say!

Alaska-----Lobster, Crab, and some of the most beautiful scenery amywhere. I’ve seen pictures!

Maine----Everyone who has ever gone talks about the beauty of it, but would love to make the trip!~

Massachusetts-----Would love to see Boston, Kennedy Country, and have some Clam Chowder there before I die….

Vermot-----I worked for some great friends of mins a few years ago, who always talked about flying me up there for a weekend. I would still take them up on it…..I have heard the fall is majestic up there.

Connecticut------Would love to see at least one Men’s or Women’s College Hoops games from there, and if Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols were visiting, that would be fine with me!

Arizona----I have a couple friends out there that I would love to meet from my radio promotion days. I like it out west, and I bet they would have some great Southwest cuisine.

Pennyslvania-----Well, I don’t care for the Eagles or the Steelers, BUT….I do like Hershey’s, and would love to go to the Candy factory….but would I make it out alive?

Nebraska---I can’t say I have a huge fascination with the state, but in College Football, the Cornhuskers are legends…..If nothing else, to buy a Nebraska T-shirt…

South Carolina----Because of its’ location, it’s the only southern state I have never been to. One of my best friends and former co-workers lives in Charleston, and would love to see Myrtle Beach!

Kansas-----Again, like Nebraska. It’s a sports state, and if Kansas or K-State were playing hoops, I would love to be there. Plus, Pittsburg has the funniest radio guy in America….with 100,000 watts of humorous power! I bet he loves that pun!

-

FYI…..The other twelve states left would be

Delaware

Idaho

Montana

New Mexico

New Hampshire

North Dakota

Oregon

Rhode Island

South Dakota

Utah

Washington

Wyoming