Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Facebook Explanation

Wow. What a week. It’s all good, but it’s a lot. That’s the story of the past few weeks. I feel compelled to explain a recent Facebook post where I asked for prayers. I will be the first to admit that I do this a lot. I tend to hit the panic button when things get a little uncertain, and I also tend to wear my heart on my sleeve – perhaps a little too much from time to time. But, that being said...that’s who I am – for better or worse. If things are bad, or I get upset...you’re going to know about it. I apologize if I talk too much...but again, that's just me.

That being said, I had a lot of people ask me about this particular post. It was actually the far extreme. Over the past few months, my career has really kind of kicked into a higher gear. That’s a good thing, for a lot of reasons. After driving my Jeep almost to the end of the line, I took the plunge and got a Nissan Versa Note. The difference in mileage is astounding, and it’s good to be able to drive something that has no memories of a past life. I thank God that I was able to do that. But, there is the paying for it. Sometimes, you have take a leap of faith. So, there. I did. Folly or Wise? Time will tell.

Have you ever felt like you were standing in the middle of a freeway – hoping you didn’t get your butt ran over? LOL...That’s kind of how I am feeling now. There has been so many work opportunities that I have been presented with as of late, and I have tried taking advantage of each of them. Some are part of my job, some aren’t. But, it’s not the time to say no. I have never been the best at taking imitative. Call it a mixture of shyness or just plain scaredy-cat, I never really had the confidence in myself until the past couple of years. I always looked at others as being smarter, more talented, cuter, etc, and never took advantage of some opportunities that I might have had in the past. Might my life have been different had I done that? Maybe, in some ways, but I am convinced that I am where God wants me to be right now.

Since January, I have been working as hard as I have ever done. (Once upon a time, I said this and someone replied ‘You’re not working any harder than anyone else.’ Maybe not, but let me repeat....I am working as hard as I have ever done before. There are days and nights that I feel I am going to go to sleep with my fingers on the keyboard, where I wonder if I can do it all – but I’m getting there. I’m eating, putting gas in the car, feeding the pets I have, and taking care of what I need to....and I’ve had a lot of help. Not naming names, but there are three houses that I am very blessed and fortunate to be able to stay at if I need to in Nashville if the schedule gets crazy. They know who they are, and believe me...I do.

So, when I ask for prayers about all this, just know I am a little scared of messing it all up. But, it’s without a doubt the most exciting time of my career. I want to be the absolute best at what I do – writing, interviewing, etc. With a little help from above, I’ve got this.

There are still others who are smarter or more talented than I am. But, I am trying not to sell myself as short as I once did. That’s a process I am trying to learn. As far as those who are cuter? Well, one thing at a time. I still hope that person is out there, because I never intended to be in my 40s still looking, but telling myself I am worth that is still a little tough. However, I am trying.

So, just know that I am blessed, fortunate, busy, and a little scared....but I wouldn’t have it any other way.... I don’t guess it would mean anything if I wasn’t right?